rall. autocalculation function in Scheme

From: Adam M. Griggs
Subject: rall. autocalculation function in Scheme
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2023 14:19:57 +0900

Hello list,

I'm trying to create a Scheme function that will automatically calculate and enact a rall. as a sequence of \tempo assignments. I am aware of the basic rall., rit., and accel. functions in "articulate.ly" but I wanted something I have a little more control over.

I need help, and I don't know if it's just in the implementation details or my overall approach to the problem.

For now, it's just a rall. The algorithm describing the rate of slowdown is extremely basic but that can be adjusted later.

My approach so far has been to create a list of values starting at 100 (let's assume percentages of the initial tempo and work that in later) and then have them trickle down. Using #(display ...), I see this is working just fine.

Clearly my \repeat call isn't appropriate here and I should replace it with a recursive function call containing just its body (the {\tempo 4 = ... \skip ...} part). And I'm sure I'm not really going to get anywhere with #@tempi-list but I hope it communicates what I'm aiming for. I've been playing with this for a few hours but I haven't been able to get the parts to mesh together. I could keep stabbing at it, or ask for help here.

Code attached, and thank you!