Re: Error in Extending Lilypond example

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Error in Extending Lilypond example
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2023 18:12:10 +0100

On 01/02/2023 18:05, Saul Tobin wrote:
> Oh wow really? It's the best/only documentation for several things that
> aren't really covered in the official Extending docs. Maybe it should become
> official? Or at least easier to find.I didn't know it existed until you
> posted to the list about translations – it doesn't come up on Google search
> results for Lilypond questions, at least for me.

It was my original intent to eventually make it official, but
I gave up at some point (cf. my email about translations). For
one thing, it'd be a lot of work (converting to a different markup
language and different conventions), and for another, it uses
tooling for writing, translating and publishing that really
simplify things for me and translators compared to the current
workflow in the official documentation, which reduced my motivation
for working on integrating it.

It has been listed on https://lilypond.org/manuals.html for
some time though. It is relatively recent if you count that
it remained a work in progress for quite some time, I hope
Google and the like will start picking it up.

Best,
Jean