-dcompile-scheme-code on Windows

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: -dcompile-scheme-code on Windows
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2022 13:37:30 +0100

Hi Abraham et al.,

I'm starting a new thread about the fact that -dcompile-scheme-code
is apparently not working for you
(https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2022-11/msg00307.html).

This option is new in 2.23.14 and makes for better error messages when
something goes wrong in Scheme code. I used it for developing the
lyrics respacing code, then just left it at the end.

I wonder if -dcompile-scheme-code is broken for everyone on Windows
or just for some. (If it's broken for everyone, I'm surprised that
this is only noticed now ...)

Can a few people on Windows please try compiling this and report back:

\version "2.23.81"

#(ly:set-option 'compile-scheme-code)
#(debug-enable 'backtrace)

#(display (+ 2 2))
#(use-modules (ice-9 match)
              (ice-9 hash-table)
              (oop goops))

Knowing if this works on macOS would be helpful too.

Thanks,
Jean