Re: Checkpoints

From: Mark Knoop
Subject: Re: Checkpoints
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2022 16:57:50 +0000

At 11:46 on 19 Nov 2022, Kieren MacMillan wrote:
>>> p.s. Jean: Any reason why this shouldn’t be in the core codebase?!
>>> I will gladly take this one on — including documentation — if it’s
>>> patch-worthy.
>>
>> IMHO it is.

> and watched everything Do The Right Thing™.

The only buglet I've come across is that final notes can be silently
converted to whole notes, however this is easy to work around. (Probably
also fixable, but I've never bothered.)

Change the definition of accompaniment to the following to demonstrate:

accompaniment = \relative c' {
    \repeat unfold 3 b1
    R1 \tag #'verse
    b2 b2
    R2 \tag #'bridge
    c1
    R1 \tag #'coda
    d2. d4.
    R1*9/8*3
    r2. d8 8 8 % NB final 8th note becomes a whole note...
    % | ... unless it is followed by a barcheck

Mark Knoop