Re: Repeated Music

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Repeated Music
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2022 22:46:09 +0100

Le 16/11/2022 à 21:45, Greg Lindstrom a écrit :
Hello all -

I am working on a score in Lilypond 2.22.1 and believe I saw, somewhere, a notation to use in the programming of the notes to repeat the previous measure of notes. Not in the music, I use the various repeats all the time; this is in the editor when I am coding the notes so I would not have to do this:

\time 4/4
c4 d e f |
c4 d e f |
c4 d e f |

but this:
\time 4/4
c4 d e f |
<some symbol>|
<some symbol>|

I've looked through the docs and can't find it. I don't even know what to call it. Can anyone help me on this (or, perhaps, I'm just imagining I saw it)?

The closest that exists is

\time 4/4
\repeat unfold 3 { c4 d e f }

Your imagined syntax with <some symbol> sounds like you
were thinking of "q", but it repeats the last chord, not
the last measure
(https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.22/Documentation/notation/single-voice#chord-repetition).

Best,
Jean