Re: Flexible lyric alignment

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Flexible lyric alignment
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 13:40:18 -0500

Hi Jean,

> This just removes the lyric syllable's presence in horizontal
> spacing, then adjusts its placement if it collides with its
> right neighbor. It works in this case because there is nothing
> on the left that the lyric syllable in question could collide
> with. (It also does not handle collisions with other things
> than the next lyric syllable.)

Well, between the two hacks you just hacked, a huge percentage of my
note-spacing tweaking effort has just been saved, so I thank you immensely!

Can't wait to unleash these on my scores and get back you/list with some
real-world data. (I know one of the things I’ll run into almost immediately is
that I will need the *LAST* syllable to be shifted to the *RIGHT*, but I’m
going to take on that “upgrade” as a Scheme-ing challenge!)

Gratefully,
Kieren.