Re: Unexpected file name in EPS output

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Unexpected file name in EPS output
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 13:33:57 +0100

Il giorno lun 7 nov 2022 alle 23:47:29 +0100, bernhard kleine <bernhard.kleine@gmx.net> ha scritto:
Am 07.11.2022 um 23:04 schrieb Federico Bruni:
Ooops, the EPS backend creates the whole file plus one file per page.

$ lilypond --eps myfile.ly

Would one not expect this since eps creates single pages?

I think you are right and we should probably open a new issue.
The Usage manual says:

-E, --eps

   Generate EPS files.

   This option is equivalent to specifying -dseparate-page-formats=ps.

However, -dseparate-page-formats=ps creates only one file per page and no single full file:

$ lilypond -dseparate-page-formats=ps myfile.ly
GNU LilyPond 2.23.80 (running Guile 2.2)
Processing `myfile.ly'
Parsing...
Interpreting music...
Preprocessing graphical objects...
Finding the ideal number of pages...
Fitting music on 1 or 2 pages...
Drawing systems...
Layout output to `myfile-1.eps'...
Layout output to `myfile-2.eps'...
Success: compilation successfully completed

$ ls *.eps
myfile-1.eps  myfile-2.eps

This option should be probably fixed as well:

separate-page-formats symbol

Comma-separated list of formats (svg, pdf, png, or eps) to use for the separate page images in lilypond-book.

It seems that svg should be removed from the list:

$ lilypond -dseparate-page-formats=svg myfile.ly
GNU LilyPond 2.23.80 (running Guile 2.2)
Processing `myfile.ly'
Parsing...
Interpreting music...
Preprocessing graphical objects...
Finding the ideal number of pages...
Fitting music on 1 or 2 pages...
Drawing systems...
warning: PS backend does not support SVG format