Re: Question about paths in point-and-click

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: Question about paths in point-and-click
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2022 23:54:35 -0500

On Tue 01 Nov 2022 at 02:23:23 (+0100), Paolo Prete wrote:
> I need to change them.
> More specifically, each:
>
> xlink:href="textedit:///some/personal/path/file.ly:x:y:z"
>
> should be changed into
>
> xlink:href="textedit:///dummy/path/file.ly:x:y:z"
>
> For all the grobs with such metadata (SVG)
>
> Anyway, with 4 lines of python postprocess code I did the operation, so,
> never mind: all solved.
>
> Neverthless, IMHO this feature should be exposed in the API, because the
> lack of control of personal data should not be a trade-off for using an
> appealing feature such as the point-and-click one

I'd agree with that. I run by default with p&c turned off, to avoid
accidents when distributing scores. But with p&c on, I just compiled
a score from ~/scores/fragments/random-score.ly, copied the source
and PDF output into /tmp, and then ran:

$ sed -i -e 's+textedit:///home/auser/scores/fragments+textedit://.+'
/tmp/random-score.pdf

after which, clicking in random-score.pdf points to the correct
position in random-score.ly as long as both source and PDF are in the
same, arbitrary current working directory. Only the last component
of the path is exposed, ie   textedit://.random-score.ly:99:7:8
(I hadn't tried using a relative path before.)

Cheers,
David.