Re: LilyPond 2.23.13

From: Hans Aikema
Subject: Re: LilyPond 2.23.13
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2022 20:01:19 +0200

Windows 10 x64 VM on my Mac, assigned 4Gb of memory makes the original case as
well as Jean’s variations on them crash in not too long time. Sysout/syserr
capture of 10 successive crashing runs attached

8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><
\version "2.23.13"

$@(map (lambda (i)
         #{
           \bookpart {
             \score {
           \repeat unfold 100 c'1
         #})
        (iota 300))
8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><
consistently running into 1073741819 over 10 runs, lilypond process reaching
around 2,1Gb mem use accounted for lilypond.exe in taskmanager before crashing
(lilyruns.log)

8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><
$@(map
  (lambda (i)
  #{
    \score {
      {
        \autoPageBreaksOff
        \repeat unfold 10 { \repeat unfold 10 c'1 \break }
    #})
  (iota 300))
8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><
consistently running into 1073741819 over 10 runs, lilypond process peaking
around 2,6Gb mem use accounted for lilypond.exe in taskmanager before crashing
(lilyruns-testwithbreak.log)

8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><
$@(map
  (lambda (i)
  #{
    \score {
      \repeat unfold 100 { \repeat unfold 32 c'32 }
    }
    #})
  (iota 40))
consistently running into 1073741819 over 10 runs, lilypond process reaching
around 2Gb mem use accounted for lilypond.exe in taskmanager before crashing
(lilyruns-testloweriota.log