Re: How to enlarge the entire Lilypond output (pdf)

From: Paul McKay
Subject: Re: How to enlarge the entire Lilypond output (pdf)
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2022 16:57:01 +0100

Hi
I have several devices to show the music on. Rather than try to adjust the size, I measure the visible area on the screen and tell LilyPond to use that as its paper size.  I have a 27" screen, so for that, I set the paper size to half the width and get my PDF viewer to show two pages at once. On screens I see little point in margins so I use and include file "Output for BENQ" which says:
\paper {
    paper-height = 324 \mm paper-width = 295\mm
    top-margin = 1 bottom-margin = 1 left-margin = 5 right-margin = 5
}
and then at the end of the .ly file I have:
music = {
    \new PianoStaff \with {
} }
"A4book" =\book {
    \include "Output for A4.ily"
    \bookOutputName  "Grieg - (A4) Wedding day at Troldhaugen (Lyric piece 53)"
    \score {
        \music
        \layout { #(layout-set-staff-size 16) }
        %\midi { \tempo 4=80 }

tabletBook = \book {
    \include "Output for Tablet.ily"
    \bookOutputName  "Grieg - (tablet) Wedding day at Troldhaugen (Lyric piece 53)"
    \score {
        \music
        \layout { #(layout-set-staff-size 16)  }

PCBook = \book {
    \include "Output for BenQ.ily"
    \bookOutputName  "Grieg - (PC) Wedding day at Troldhaugen (Lyric piece 53)"
    \score {
        \music
        \layout { #(layout-set-staff-size 16)  }
%\"A4book"
\PCBook

I am pleasantly surprised by how seldom I need to insert \tag's in the music to control the manual pagebreaks to get repeats to show at nice locations.

Hope this helps
Paul McKay

On Fri, 16 Sept 2022 at 16:02, Knute Snortum <ksnortum@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, Sep 15, 2022 at 11:29 PM Eef Weenink <h.e.weenink@de-erve.nl> wrote:

> I use the crop function to minimize the white around the music.

If you want, you can do this inside LilyPond in a paper block:

  top-margin = 5\mm
  bottom-margin = 6\mm
  left-margin = 10\mm
  right-margin = 10\mm