warning: adding note head to incompatible stem (type = 1/1)

From: Kenneth Wolcott
Subject: warning: adding note head to incompatible stem (type = 1/1)
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 12:57:12 -0700

HI;

  I am now engraving a Cello+Piano arrangement of the last song (no
lyrics) "None but the Lonely Heart" of Op. 6 of Tchaikovsky.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/None_but_the_Lonely_Heart_(Tchaikovsky)

  The left hand notes have polyphony.

  The whole note in one measure and the half notes in the following
measure each conflict with an eighth note rest in the other voice.

  I am not (yet) explicitly using voices, perhaps that is my problem?

  How do I successfully engrave this with Lilypond 2.22.2?

  I also receive the following warning/hint: "warning: maybe input
should specify polyphonic voices".

I have attached the full pdf of what I am engraving, my engraving and
the Lilypond source I wrote.

Thanks,
Ken Wolcott