Re: How do I keep space between staves reasonable?

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: How do I keep space between staves reasonable?
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2022 01:12:09 +1000

It's an issue with flexible vertical spacing relating to ChordNames and FretBoards, easily solved with setting this up with VerticalAxisGroup alist property settings. Kevin sent me the score.

When I refine the solution I'll post something about it here soon.

I have to say, even after years of using LilyPond, I always find the flexible vertical spacing settings manual page quite hard reading, I suppose because there are so many fine details and interactions that can be adjusted in all sorts of ways. But I could not think of a way to write that section simpler of more clearly. It's just a subtle feature of great power in LilyPond.

Andrew