Re: problems with smufl fonts on Windows 10

From: Dimitris Marinakis
Subject: Re: problems with smufl fonts on Windows 10
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2022 15:08:36 +0300

I found the culprit! I had to add the actual Bravura font (not profondo or whatever else openlilylib smufl font) in the Lilypond font directory. I was confused because in another computer I had the exact same setup without having to add Bravura in that directory for some reason.

All good.

Thanks,
Dimitris

On Thu, Jun 23, 2022 at 2:57 PM Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> wrote:
Hi Dimitris,

Le 23/06/2022 à 13:49, Dimitris Marinakis a écrit :
> I'm getting some errors with smufl fonts even though I've installed
> everything properly
>
> No UTF-8 characters in any of the paths.
>
> Lilypond 2.33.7
>
> warning: no glyph for character U+E4CE in font
> `C:/WINDOWS/fonts/DejaVuSans.ttf`

Please provide more information:

- the complete code you are using,
- what output it gives: does it compile? If so, are all characters
missing or some characters only?
- what font you are trying to use,
- where it can be downloaded,
- what you mean by 'installed properly',
- what method you are using to make the bridge between LilyPond and a
SMuFL font, since so far LilyPond does not support SMuFL, although there
is work in progress to support it.

Note that "DejaVuSans" is a text font, so I suspect your problem is
different from what you think.

Thanks,
Jean