how to hide dynamics? Only solution is to have a dedicated midi music va

From: Kenneth Wolcott
Subject: how to hide dynamics? Only solution is to have a dedicated midi music variable?
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2022 21:18:58 -0700

HI;

  Frequently I have engraved music that doesn't sound good when the
corresponding midi is played, usually with regards to two (or more)
instruments that are overwhelmed by one of them.

  In this case, I have a piece which has a Contrabass with Piano
accompaniment, with two different kinds of unwanted domination.  In
the first case I have to specify the dynamics for the right hand and
the left hand separately (a human pianist would not need this).
Secondly, the left hand encounters polyphony about fifteen bars into
the piece.  Then, these notes are played at mezzo forte or forte when
I want them to be the same dynamic as previously (ppp).  I can't have
the Contrabass and the Piano playing at piano dynamics because the
Contrabass is completely dominated by the Piano.

  I guess I could solve this problem by having four variables for the
left hand (lh_one, lh_two, lh_one_midi and lh_two_midi), but that
seems quite a bit of work.

  Am I the only one that would like to have the midi output sound at
least somewhat pleasant?  Or am I the only one who has this problem
with the midi dynamics being wonky?

  See attached files for details.

  Mac Mini
  Lilypond 2.22.2 (from home brew)