Re: CPU stress tests for LilyPond

From: Hans Åberg
Subject: Re: CPU stress tests for LilyPond
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 17:56:26 +0100

So, to illustrate the idea of using the benchmark at the list below, it might
be the Mac mini (Late 2020) with single-core score 1712 and the other Macs of
this year have a similar performance. It gives for the iMac 2008 used a
single-core score 372 (depending on model), and it took 4–5 minutes to compile
the same example. Then 1712/407 = 4.6, and dividing 4 minutes with that gives
53 seconds, and this ignores speedups in lilypond self, but it seems one can
get a rough idea of performance this way.

https://browser.geekbench.com/mac-benchmarks