Re: CPU stress tests for LilyPond

From: Henning Hraban Ramm
Subject: Re: CPU stress tests for LilyPond
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 14:36:02 +0100

Am 30.11.21 um 14:26 schrieb Paolo Prete:

I need to buy a new PC, more powerful than the one I own. The CPU and RAM must be chosen on the time required to produce LilyPond output. Are there any test sheets with different CPUs and the time they take to output a score that takes a long time to compile? In case this doesn't exist specifically for LilyPond, is there anything equivalent I can use?

Most important is the single core performance (LilyPond and TeX can’t do multiprocessing); sometimes older CPUs are better for that, but I can’t advise. I guess also the HD access is important.

Hraban