Re: alternate in middle of repeat

From: Hans Aikema
Subject: Re: alternate in middle of repeat
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2021 21:41:18 +0100

> On 23 Nov 2021, at 21:27, Kees van den Doel <kvdoel@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> I have a \repeat volta 2 { music}, but a few bars inside "music" are
> different the second time through.
> Is there a way to do something like this:
> \repeat volta 2 { A \alternative {{a1}{a2}} B}
> Written out fully Aa1BAa2B.

For a shorter notation on paper... don't think so, never seen any notation
using mid-repeat alternatives.

For less repetition of music in your source you could use

partB = { B }

defined as a variable and the actual music changed to

\repeat volta 2 { A } \alternative { { a1 \partB } { a2 \partB } }
or
\repeat volta 2 { A } \alternative { { a1 \partB } { a2 } } \partB

HTH