Re: Check if a font is currently installed

From: Valentin Petzel
Subject: Re: Check if a font is currently installed
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2021 23:31:09 +0100

Hello Paolo,

This behaviour actually comes from font-config and not from Lilypond. It is
somewhat sensible, since we want to be able to specify a font intuitively and
not by some set identifier.

One hacky way to get what you want if you are checking for very specific fonts
could be this, which would be checking the font file for some string we’d
expect to find in it.

Cheers,
Valentin