Re: \omit Staff.BarLine

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: \omit Staff.BarLine
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2021 11:02:05 -0800

On 2021-11-16 10:46 am, E Appeldoorn wrote:
In a score that has no barlines I have used
\omit Staff.BarLine
Which indeed leaves out the barlines. But the space and padding, which
the barline would normally use, remain.

%%
\version "2.22.1"
\fixed c {
\time 4\4
\omit Staff.BarLine
a4 a a a |
b b b b }
%%

Would give a very visible difference between the a's  and the a to b
(Where the barline would be had it been visible.)
It therefore looks wobbly and horrible.
How would I be able to solve that so the score looks naturally spaced.

Try \removing the Bar_engraver from the Staff context instead of \omitting the BarLine grob.

-- Aaron Hill