Re: How to increase the distance between the last note of a measure and

From: Paolo Prete
Subject: Re: How to increase the distance between the last note of a measure and the following bar line
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 13:24:14 +0100

On Thu, Nov 11, 2021 at 1:48 AM Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> wrote:

> First one would be to add, with small fonts, at the bottom of the
> page, a list of the pairs (as links): class/interface -
> overriden/implemented property, inside an expandible panel (hidden by
> default).
> In this way, IF I can't find an useful property in the main panel,
> THEN I can look at the implemented interfaces list at the bottom. At
> this point, if in this (short) list there's a name that looks
> interesting, I click on it without expanding the below panel, and I
> jump to the linked page. If I can't guess the right interface, I would
> expand the below panel and I would look more accurately in the
> contained (long) list. This avoids to jump forth and back from page to
> page.
> In general, I see this as a good default choice for the autodoc of
> libraries, but even if it's not set as default, the command to produce
> a complete autodoc should be documented as well. In this library
> (which I made some years  ago and could not update, in the last years)
> https://github.com/paolo-pr/laav
> you can find a directory for the autodoc (Doxygen) and the
> instructions to build it. Then, it is left to the user how much
> complete or minimal the autodoc has to be.

Why not, but I'm not 100% conviced by the the principle of

a collapsible section, partly because this still requires

a number of clicks,

But less clicks, see the QT and GTK examples below

and and partly because we have to

do with the tool we have (Texinfo) and the formats we

generate (not only HTML but also PDF and Info).

This appears to me as an additional issue instead a *must do*. Formatting as pdf (or plain text) an API doc with an OO paradygm and plenty of links is IMHO meaningless. I give you a personal advice: don't spend your time in the creation of this kind of document; what now seems good to you, in the future will show many unwanted side effects. Instead, invest your time by looking closely, with patience, at the "de facto standard" for this task, for example at QT's or GTK's autodoc.

https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qfiledialog.html

https://docs.gtk.org/gtk4/class.AlternativeTrigger.html

As you can see, the combination of 1) quick access to all the inherited properties + 2) expandible sections, are widely used and, as a result, you remain on the same page without opening tabs or jumping from one link to another. Adding these
things requires little coding and adds many advantages.

Best