Re: Frescobaldi fails with Fedora 35 / Python 3.10

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Frescobaldi fails with Fedora 35 / Python 3.10
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2021 17:19:18 +0100

Il giorno mer 10 nov 2021 alle 16:14:19 +0100, Valentin Petzel <valentin@petzel.at> ha scritto:
As far as I have read this is solved by this patch:
https://github.com/frescobaldi/frescobaldi/pull/1401/files
which is simply adding int(...) twice. As python is an interpreted language
you can apply this patch to an existing Frescobaldi installation.

So you simply have to open this file on your local Frescobaldi installation (which should be a path like /usr/share/frescobaldi/frescobaldi_app/widgets/ progressbar.py) with root access, go to the affected lines (74,75) and add
these int(...) parts.

Not enough. This is also needed, I think:
https://github.com/frescobaldi/frescobaldi/commit/73cd53e7e089537aa853eea7d43f212145bd5ef5

Anyway, I would not suggest patching files belonging to a distro package.
Running Frescobaldi from source on Linux is pretty easy:
https://github.com/frescobaldi/frescobaldi/wiki/Run-Frescobaldi-3-on-Linux