Re: Markup functions and punctuation in lyrics

From: Fr. Samuel Springuel
Subject: Re: Markup functions and punctuation in lyrics
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2021 16:41:27 -0400

On Nov 2, 2021, at 11:26 PM, Aaron Hill <lilypond@hillvisions.com> wrote:

> Okay, would text replacement be viable as opposed to writing a bunch of
> individual functions?

That does sound nice.  There would need to be some helper functions to handle
the formatting issue that Jean pointed out, but I can get that mostly to work.

Attached is a basic mock-up of this strategy.  The one hangup that I ran into
is that \replace doesn’t work directly on lyrics, so I had to use the \paper
version.  Beyond that, it seems to be working, but I’ll happily take any
critiques on the coding style before I start working this into a final version.

Fr. Samuel, OSB
(R. Padraic Springuel)
St. Anselm’s Abbey
4501 South Dakota Ave, NE