Re: Persian music package

From: Hans Åberg
Subject: Re: Persian music package
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2021 20:49:27 +0200

…
> Anyone have an idea on how I can get it to work with current version?

You might switch to using SmuFl and E53/E72; the accidentals are available in
the Bravura font. E53 can now be used with Graham Breed's file regular.ly. For
ETs multiples of 12, it is not needed.

I send you files for E53 and E72 with Helmholtz-Ellis notation. For Persian
music, the double comma accidental would be suitable.

I recommend using E72 because relative E53/Pythagorean tuning, E72 adjusts the
diatonic scale to E12, but the neutral seconds change only a few cents.

Adam Good reworked the Turkish makam file, and expressed interest in Arabic and
Persian music, too. He also felt the the E53/E72 combination was good.