Re: struggling to get horizontal space on the page exactly proportional

From: Kevin Barry
Subject: Re: struggling to get horizontal space on the page exactly proportional to time
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2021 09:58:07 +0100

> Fwiw, attached is the music from my guitar book, and the version I
> typeset with lilypond. Comparing the two might clarify why I'm trying
> to do something so untraditional.

I looked at them and it's not clear why you need the barlines on
separate lines to line up exactly. It's desirable for them *not* to
line up because it makes it easier to distinguish the lines from one
another (and also not to skip over a line when reading).

Anyway, assuming you do have a good reason for it, I'm glad you got there.