Re: ANN: Frescobaldi 3.1.3

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: ANN: Frescobaldi 3.1.3
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2021 10:57:36 +1100

Hello Wilbert,

Thanks for the updated version.

Despite my best efforts and decades of experience with UNIX, I am
utterly unable to get Frescobaldi document view working on current
Arch Linux. The python-poppler-qt5 refuse to build with complex
dependencies on sip that are beyond my ken. I am just alerting you to
this. Others here seem to have got it working by rebuilding these
dependencies, but Arch system, can vary widely as they are so
customised.

It's at the point that I have to use Ubuntu to use Frescobaldi, but
this is not my desired outcome.

I don't imagine anybody has the time or resources to solve this one,
so I'll just abandon, having spent days on it. Not a complaint, just a
notice.

Again, thanks for all your work!

Andrew