Re: Vim Install error?

From: damianlegassick
Subject: Re: Vim Install error?
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2020 10:49:44 -0000

Hi Jonas

yes, removing the initial 'filetype off' from .vimrc fixed it. So is that a mistake in https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.21/Documentation/usage/text-editor-support ?

thanks

Damian

On 14 November 2020 at 20:25, Jonas Hahnfeld <hahnjo@hahnjo.de> wrote:

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 12.11.2020, 16:26 +0000 schrieb damianlegassick:
Hi

when installing Lilypond 2.21.80 from linux64 shellscript
the /usr/local/lilypond/usr/share/lilypond/current/vim/ folder has a
subfolder 'ftplugin'. On my Arch system I have to rename this folder
to 'plugin' for the :maps to work

According to the vim documentation, the 'ftplugin' directory holds
"file type plugins" that are only run when a LilyPond file is detected
(*.ly,*.ily, see ftdetect/lilypond.vim). Since I'm also running Arch, I
gave it a try with the bundled version 2.20.0 and found that you need
"filetype plugin on" in your .vimrc. That's not described online (at
least not where I looked), but in ":help ftplugins". Can you confirm
that you have that or that it solves the problem?

(I think if you rename the folder to 'plugin', the :maps are introduced
unconditionally for every file, which is probably not what you want.)

Hope this helps,
Jonas

Is this a general error or just my distro or just me?

thanks