Re: Vim Install error?

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: Vim Install error?
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2020 21:25:20 +0100

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 12.11.2020, 16:26 +0000 schrieb damianlegassick:
> Hi
>
> when installing Lilypond 2.21.80 from linux64 shellscript
> the /usr/local/lilypond/usr/share/lilypond/current/vim/ folder has a
> subfolder 'ftplugin'. On my Arch system I have to rename this folder
> to 'plugin' for the :maps to work

According to the vim documentation, the 'ftplugin' directory holds
"file type plugins" that are only run when a LilyPond file is detected
(*.ly,*.ily, see ftdetect/lilypond.vim). Since I'm also running Arch, I
gave it a try with the bundled version 2.20.0 and found that you need
"filetype plugin on" in your .vimrc. That's not described online (at
least not where I looked), but in ":help ftplugins". Can you confirm
that you have that or that it solves the problem?

(I think if you rename the folder to 'plugin', the :maps are introduced
unconditionally for every file, which is probably not what you want.)

Hope this helps,
Jonas