Re: Installing Lilypond 2.21.80

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: Installing Lilypond 2.21.80
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2020 16:30:05 -0800

On 2020-11-01 3:41 pm, Ralph Palmer wrote:
Hi -

I would like to install LilyPond 2.21.80, but I don't know how. I have
successfully installed earlier versions, but I don't remember how, and I
can't find instructions.

I'm running Ubuntu 20.4.01 under Linux (duh - but I don't know how to find
the Linux version).

I'm slightly familiar with working with the Terminal, but not fluent.

I downloaded <lilypond-2.21.80-1.linux-64.sh> and tried running <install>,
but I'm not sure what the destination should be. I'm not even positive
that's the file I should be working with. Not <GNU/Linux x86: LilyPond
2.21.80-1>?

Can anyone point me to installation instructions in the Notation Reference,
or give me some specifics?

The installation instructions can be found here [1] where you would
obtain the stable release.  (Perhaps a helpful link could be added on
the development/unstable pages.)

[1]: http://lilypond.org/unix.html

Never mind. There *is* a link to the stable download page in the big friendly box above the download links.

-- Aaron Hill