Re: Vertical spacing inside the music

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Vertical spacing inside the music
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2020 12:42:41 -0400

Dobrij dehn, Павел!

> how to control vertical spacing inside music? For example, I want to have #10
> basic-distance at start of a piece and #15 basic-distance since 12-th measure.

I use the edition-engraver for this kind of spacing — I find the best result
usually comes from a combination of setting the basic-distance to an
appropriate amount at the beginning of the piece, and then tweaking the
extra-offset (or sometimes Y-offset) of individual systems as needed.

Hope that helps!
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer (he/him/his)
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info