Re: Removing bar connecting grouped staves

From: Pierre Perol-Schneider
Subject: Re: Removing bar connecting grouped staves
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2020 22:56:11 +0200

Hi Gilberto,
Try:
\version "2.19.82"
\score {
     <<
         \new Staff {c'4 d' e' f'}
         \new Staff {c'4. d'4. e'4}
         \new Staff {c'2 d'2}

     \layout{
         \omit Score.BarLine
         \omit Score.SystemStartBar

Pierre

Le sam. 17 oct. 2020 à 22:45, Gilberto Agostinho <gilbertohasnofb@googlemail.com> a écrit :
Hi everyone,

I am trying to create a diagram using Lilypond and I would like to
remove the vertical bar connecting a series of grouped staves. This is
the bar that is in the left hand side of a score and runs through all
staves, and where instrument names are normally written. Would it be
possible to hide it somehow?

Below is a minimal example:

\version "2.19.82"
\score {
     <<
         \new Staff {c'4 d' e' f'}
         \new Staff {c'4. d'4. e'4}
         \new Staff {c'2 d'2}

     \layout{
         \omit Score.BarLine

https://i.postimg.cc/W3krqyTF/line.png

The diagram I am creating has a complex rhythm and I am using a group of
staves so that the rhythm of each line matches the one above, which is
why I am trying to use this trick of grouping them and then hiding the
connecting bar.

Many thanks,
Gilberto