Re: Measure Number Collision

From: Marc Shepherd
Subject: Re: Measure Number Collision
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2020 18:27:41 -0400

Here is a minimal example showing this behavior:

\version "2.20.0"

\layout {
  \context {
    \name MarkLine
    \type Engraver_group
    \consists Output_property_engraver
    \consists Axis_group_engraver
    \consists Mark_engraver
    \consists Metronome_mark_engraver
    \override VerticalAxisGroup.staff-staff-spacing =
    #'((basic-distance . 1)
       (minimum-distance . 1)
       (padding . 1)
       (stretchability . 3))
  }
  \context {
    \Score
    \remove Mark_engraver
    \remove Metronome_mark_engraver
    \accepts MarkLine

\score {
  <<
  \new MarkLine { \time 4/4
    s1*7
    \mark \default
    s1*7
  }
  \new StaffGroup {
    <<
    \override StaffGroup.SystemStartBracket.collapse-height = #4
    \new Staff {
      \key f \major \relative c' {
        \repeat unfold 56 { c4 }

Collision.PNG

On Fri, Oct 16, 2020 at 3:58 PM Xavier Scheuer <x.scheuer@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, 16 Oct 2020 at 20:55, Marc Shepherd <oakapple2@gmail.com> wrote:

> In the example shown below, lilypond is shifting the measure number (85) down, because it thinks there is a collision with the rehearsal letter "C". But in fact there is no collision: the 85 would be just fine in its normal position. This occurs only where a rehearsal letter coincides with the first bar of a system.
>
> Is there a setting that tells lilypond, "Please ignore any supposed collision, and put the measure number where it would ordinarily go"?

Hi Marc,

Could you provide a minimal example of code showing this behavior?
Or at least provide the version number you are using?

I guess it should give better results with versions later (or equal to) 2.21.0, where issue 5621 has been fixed.
https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/issues/5621

Otherwise I consider this collision between bar number and bracket a new bug (to be reported).

Cheers,
Xavier