compiling sonata with \include

From: Molly Preston
Subject: compiling sonata with \include
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 11:21:54 -0400

Hello. I am confused by the hierarchy of headings. I have read about it in the manuals and still find it confusing.

I am trying to use \include to compile my sonata. The score block and headings are in each file.

I basically just have this:

\include "Circle_mvt1.ly"
\pageBreak
\include "Circle_mvt2.ly"
\pageBreak
\include "Circle_mvt3.ly"

The third movement's heading is what's being shown on the first page. That is why I ask about the hierarchy of headings. I tried putting the headings in this file instead of in each individual file.

I know this must be simple, but I can't figure out how to set it up even with the manual.
Thank you for your time.

-Molly