Re: Time signature ID and implementation

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: Time signature ID and implementation
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2020 23:24:09 -0700

On 2020-10-07 11:07 pm, Andrew Bernard wrote:
I dont think it's a 2. Looks more like some kind of symbol. I am not a
scholar of that period.

Not a scholar either, but a quick web search turned up this [1].

[1]: https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/A_Dictionary_of_Music_and_Musicians/Proportion

C2 seems to be "Lesser Mode Imperfect, with Imperfect Time".

----

I would suggest using "timesig.C44" as it stylistically matches the number two from Emmentaler. Otherwise, use a two from some other font to match mensural C.

To match the alignment, you need to use \vcenter.  Consider:

%%%%
\override Score.TimeSignature.stencil =
#(lambda (grob)
  (grob-interpret-markup grob #{