repeat volta and \barNumberCheck

From: Knute Snortum
Subject: repeat volta and \barNumberCheck
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2020 17:06:48 -0700

Hi.  I'm hoping to get some input from this wonderful group.

It seems that repeat volta and \barNumberCheck don't work well
together when you use the \alternative function.  If you put a
\barNumberCheck inside of a repeat volta, the \braNumberCheck fails
all the time.  I think it's because when you go through the music a
second time, the numbering is off.

This may not be a bug, but it's pretty inconvenient. Here's my MWE:

%%% Start
\version "2.20.0"

rightHand = \relative c' {
  \repeat volta 2 {