Re: 2.21.3 build problem on Mac OS X Mojave

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: 2.21.3 build problem on Mac OS X Mojave
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2020 09:11:05 +0200 (CEST)

> In fact I did the ‘git clone’ afresh, moving aside previous
> attempts. Thus the contents of ‘build’ on both OSes is the result of
> the commands I showed, up to '../configure'.
>
> That’s why I don’t get what happens…

For me, using an up-to-date MacPorts system, compilation of LilyPond
from the git works as follows.

(1) Clone `lilypond.git` or clean an existing repository with

      git clean -fdx

(2) Configure LilyPond with

      ./autogen.sh --noconfigure
      && ./configure \
         CC="ccache clang-mp-9.0" \
         CXX="ccache clang++-mp-9.0" \
         GUILE=/opt/local/bin/guile18 \
         GUILE_FLAVOR=guile-1.8 \
         --prefix="/foo/bar" \

--with-texgyre-dir="/usr/local/texlive/2020/texmf-dist/fonts/opentype/public/tex-gyre"
 \
         --with-flexlexer-dir="/opt/local/include" \
         --disable-documentation

    Remarks:

      . Adjust `--prefix` to whatever is suitable for you.
      . Using `ccache` is optional.
      . Slightly older clang versions should work, too.
      . I use TeXLive directly, so please adapt the path to the
        TeX-Gyre fonts as necessary if you use the MacPorts packages
        of TeXLive.

(3) Build and install with

      make all && make install

(4) Run lilypond as