Re: Snippet "Clef change and repeat barline"

From: Pierre Perol-Schneider
Subject: Re: Snippet "Clef change and repeat barline"
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2020 10:22:11 +0200

Hi Harm,

Le lun. 29 juin 2020 à 09:59, Thomas Morley <thomasmorley65@gmail.com> a écrit :
Hi Pierre,

I've now approved it as
lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?u=1&id=1116
with some slight changes.

I deleted another instance of \hideNotes and changed
  \once\override Staff.Clef.space-alist =
          #'((key-cancellation minimum-space . 3)
             (key-signature minimum-space . 3))
  \once\override Staff.Clef.space-alist.key-cancellation = #'(minimum-space . 3)
  \once\override Staff.Clef.space-alist.key-signature = #'(minimum-space . 3)

Although your original syntax is ok in this case (no programming error
resulting) it throws away the other default settings for
Clef.space-alist.
I think we should demonstrate how to update certain settings. Instead
of confusing the user by replacing the whole alist, which will work
here but probably not in other cases.
WDYT?

Fine! Actually I never noticed the effects of my syntax...

P.S.
Did you approve
http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?u=1&id=1005
yourself?
It somehow vanished from my TODO-list and I forgot about it. Sorry for that!

Not impossible, but actually I don't remember. Maybe...
(Normally I don't think I'd do that without asking you first.)
As far as I remember, it was approved a long time ago. I simply deleted the commentary lines as soon as I got Fuka's editor agreement.

Cheers,
Pierre