Re: Snippet "Clef change and repeat barline"

From: Pierre Perol-Schneider
Subject: Re: Snippet "Clef change and repeat barline"
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2020 12:06:06 +0200

Hi Harm,
Thank you for your suggestion. Definitly better.
Ultimately, I've created a new snippet: http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?u=1&id=1116
If you're ok with it, I'll delete snippet #1110
Cheers,
Pierre

Le jeu. 25 juin 2020 à 22:21, Thomas Morley <thomasmorley65@gmail.com> a écrit :
Am Do., 25. Juni 2020 um 10:55 Uhr schrieb Pierre Perol-Schneider
<pierre.schneider.paris@gmail.com>:

> Hi Harm,
>
> Le mer. 24 juin 2020 à 23:26, Thomas Morley <thomasmorley65@gmail.com> a écrit :
>>
>> To the author of said snippet.
>> lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?u=1&id=1110
>>
>> I will not approve it in it's current state.
>

> Ok.
>
>> This sounds like default LilyPond being wrong in this regard. If so,
>> it's a bug, needed to be reported, probably discussed and finally
>> fixed.
>

> Ok, will do.
>

>> Tbh, I don't think LilyPond is wrong. Ofcourse I'd could be proven wrong.
>

> See: E. Gould/ Behind bars (ed. 2011, pp. 234-235)
> (and: http://lilypond-french-users.1298960.n2.nabble.com/Clef-apres-signe-de-reprise-td7589673.html)
>
> Cheers,
> Pierre

Hi Pierre,

ok, I'm convinced.
Please change the description to something at the lines of:
"According to Elaine Gould, Behind Bars, pp ..., changes of  ...
should be printed after the closing repeat-sign.
This is currently not the default in Lily.
This snippet provides a manual workaround."

Syntax, wording, grammar could surely be improved...

Nevertheless, I don't think it should be doc-tagged.
If it's an issue then an entry in "known issues and warnings" seems to
be more appropriate, imho.

And thanks for the bug-report, cheers,
  Harm