Re: Pedal cautionary after a line break (current status and improvements

From: Paolo Prete
Subject: Re: Pedal cautionary after a line break (current status and improvements)
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2020 22:22:27 +0200

On Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 10:13 PM Kieren MacMillan <kieren_macmillan@sympatico.ca> wrote:
Hi Paolo,

> This issue is not *important for me*. It is an *essential* feature for any score.

At best, one could argue that it‘s "an essential feature" for any score with multiple pedal spanners [of different types] that cross line breaks. It’s demonstrably false that it’s "an essential feature" for any score — any a cappella choir piece is a counterexample to the claim.

Therefore, it’s effectively not important to anyone who doesn’t engrave keyboard music with multiple pedal spanners [of different types] that cross line breaks.

Hi Kieren,

I don't understand what you mean exactly, in the choral pieces.
But be sure that for any keyboard piece, not having the cautionary pedal makes the score unpresentable, and not only when there are multiple spanners.