Re: Problems with Internals manual

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: Problems with Internals manual
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2020 01:48:18 -0700

On 2020-06-17 1:35 am, Peter Toye wrote:
Robin,

Thanks. Fair enough. I guessed and experimented and got the result
that I wanted. But I'm not quite sure how I managed it!

A problem I had with minimum-X-extent is that it's a pair, but the
description describes it as a distance, which I'd have thought was a
single number!

Hmm.

====
minimum-X-extent (pair of numbers)
Minimum size of an object in X dimension, measured in staff-space units.
====

I see no mention of "distance", but "size" might often be thought of as a singular value. In reality, extents are closer to "bounds" than "size". While the docs are pretty clear about the value being a pair of numbers, perhaps we should update the extent-related properties to use "bounds" as opposed to "size".

-- Aaron Hill