Re: Orchestral strings, how to organise score and parts for divisi, solo

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Orchestral strings, how to organise score and parts for divisi, solos, desks etc.
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2020 11:24:55 +0200

On 6/7/20, Rutger Hofman <rutger@cs.vu.nl> wrote:
> My first attempt is here:
> https://www.rutgerhofman.nl/lilypond/divisi-doc/divisi-doc.html

Very nice!  I have a few minor remarks:
- The writing style differs a bit from our recommended style, see CG
5.5.3 and 5.5.4
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.21/Documentation/contributor/documentation-policy

- If we’re to make that a part of the NR (as I’m wishing for),
cross-references, index entries etc. will have to be added;
@lilypondfile examples will need to be directly embedded as @lilypond
blocks, etc.

- Some trimming or summing-up will certainly be needed; besides, the
keepAliveInterfaces example I recently added could be merged with your
quoteDuring example etc.

- I think your PMP macros could (and should) be integrated upstream,
by making them as general and universally-applicable as possible. In
which case you’ll need to think of more suitable names, doc strings
etc.

But that does look promising indeed!

Cheers,
-- V.