Re: pdf bookmarks

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: pdf bookmarks
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2020 09:24:29 +0200

On 6/5/20, Frédéric <ufospoke@gmail.com> wrote:
> Has anything been done yet? Can I help?
> In the past, I've already added to a postscript file some bookmarks.
> It was just adding postscript commands somewhere. I would need to find
> that again but then, the most difficult will be to make the links to
> the pages.

Well, we already have page-link ability (for \table-of-contents) so
that’s not a problem (see scm/output-ps.scm).  What remains to
implement is how to determine which one of these these pdfmark markers
have to be included in , with a title and possibly a hierarchical
structure; tocItem provides some of that but probably needs to be
extended.

I’ve cooked something up on
https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/145: it remains
a bit of a hack but if you and the team can help me smooth it out,
there’s a chance it can be included in the next development release.

It doesn’t affect C++ files so you may even try it yourself without
needing to compile LilyPond entirely, just by copying your
installation directory and inserting the modified scm files and
toc-init.ly into it.

Cheers,
-- V.