Re: Adding metronome click track to MIDI

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Adding metronome click track to MIDI
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2020 08:44:55 +0200

On 6/4/20, Francesco Petrogalli <francesco.petrogalli@gmail.com> wrote:
> thank you both for your help. I have created a solution based on your
> examples. I hope you don't mind the copy and paste + tweak exercise,

Hey, that’s what the list is for!  Also, I’ve uploaded a copy of my
own function onto http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=1114 which makes
it Public Domain.

> The code that works for me is the following, I will merge it when I
> get an "OK go" from both of you:
> https://github.com/fpetrogalli/trr/pull/1/files

Note that if you’re using a \score block specially for MIDI output,
then you don’t need a Devnull, you could simply use a \new Staff or
\new DrumStaff and therefore you’d no longer need all the \consists
lines.

Or even shorter, instead of \new whatever, you can just type
  \drums \repeat unfold 83 {wbh4. trim4. trim4. trim4.}
which also removes the need for midiInstrument and \drummode.

> The `unfold 83` is a bit ugly, but it allows me to obtain what I need
> without having to dig into lilypond internals and scheme syntax.

I can understand that!  Also note that the <>\ff is just for dynamics
(to make the clicks louder) so whether you want to keep it or not, is
up to you.

Cheers,
-- V.