Re: use variable out side procedure

From: Freeman Gilmore
Subject: Re: use variable out side procedure
Date: Fri, 29 May 2020 20:48:29 -0400

Thank you Aaron:

I asked a simple question because all the ways I tried to make it work
failed; and there was a simple solution, which many would know.   If
it is in the LilyPond manuals or guide manual, I would not know how to
find it even if it were there.   You can not learn scheme from those
manuals.   I found good information in Scheme-Book, Urs Liska useful.
 I bought the “The Little Schemer about two years ago.   I do not read
well, and the table of contents is funny I guess but not usable.  The
book “Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs” . I though
was a Lisp book.    I took a second look when it came up a couple of
weeks ago.    Looks good except is a bit hard to use as a reference.
“How to Design Programs” looks like a good book, the kind that guile
needs.  Did not know about the free edision.  The free second edition
does not have the index.