Re: Orchestral strings, how to organise score and parts for divisi, solo

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Orchestral strings, how to organise score and parts for divisi, solos, desks etc.
Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 19:49:19 +0200

On 5/26/20, Lib Lists <address@hidden> wrote:
> For example, I'd start with the concertmaster's part, then duplicate
> it and edit it to generate the music the second soloist, then the
> other soloists, then desks, divisi and so on.

Greetings,
I wouldn’t recommend to “duplicate” any code. As Xavier said, you can
easily use multiple for files to enter variables containing music for
each instrument, then \include these files in a common file to
generate the full score or the set of individual parts. Even if there
are some differences needed, you can do pretty much anything with
different tags and then \keepWithTags or \removeWithTags as needed.

> The other option would be to create temporary staves when needed, but
> I'm not sure which one is the best strategy.

Generally speaking, Xavier’s trick is definitely what would be best
suited to that sort of situations. If you need advice on particular
cases, you’ll need to be more specific.

Cheers,
-- V.