Re: registering a composition

From: Wols Lists
Subject: Re: registering a composition
Date: Sun, 24 May 2020 13:42:23 +0100

On 24/05/20 12:52, David Kastrup wrote:
> antlists <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> So you don't understand the difference between the story, and the book?
>
> You are working from the premise that everybody except you is an idiot.
> That does not make a backdrop for a discussion but monologueing.  I am
> not interested in that.

Sorry. But Carl quoted from GPL preamble which says you have the freedom
to distribute COPIES of the software, and charge for it.

I said you cannot charge for THE SOFTWARE. I fail to see any conflict
between those two statements, and when you're talking law and litigious
lawyers, the distinction is important. Sorry. I probably spent too long
on Groklaw :-)

Cheers,
Wol