RE: Notation: Piano: How best to indicate left hand or right hand finger

From: Mark Stephen Mrotek
Subject: RE: Notation: Piano: How best to indicate left hand or right hand fingering in polyphonic works?
Date: Sat, 23 May 2020 10:58:34 -0700

Roland,

I doubt is anyone can provide a “better” way since that valuation is entirely based on how the way works for you.

When I set the 3-part fugues I use two staves. The soprano and alto in the upper and the bass in the lower. If the alto moves into the region of the bass that is indicated with a \changeStaff = “lower”.

I can send an example.

Mark