Re: Lilypond requires Python2

From: Martin Neubauer
Subject: Re: Lilypond requires Python2
Date: Sat, 2 May 2020 06:59:47 +0200

On 26/04/2020 16:30, Jonas Hahnfeld wrote:
> Yes, 2.20.0 "requires" Python2 for building and scripts like lilypond-
> book (not for running lilypond itself though).
Will there be python3 based release of the 2.20 branch in the
foreseeable future then (i.e this year?) As the current maintainer of
lilypond in the freebsd ports collection that's becoming an issue for
me, as by the end of the year python2 is scheduled to be gone from the
ports tree (and dependent ports even some time before that.)

If the consensus is to keep 2.20 on python2 (or just switching python
versions wouldn't justify a new release by itself) it wouldn't be too
big a deal to pull the patches from the relevant commit(s) into the
ports tree. Given a choice, I'd just prefer spending the effort on the
2.20 branch itself.

Best regards,
Martin

--
This movie is more important than pants!