Re: Alignment issues of Time signature above the staff

From: Kevin Barry
Subject: Re: Alignment issues of Time signature above the staff
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2020 15:48:49 +0000

Hi Chen,

I was able to solve the second of your problems (the whole bar rests
being shifted by the time signatures in the TimeSig context) by
adding:
\override TimeSignature.X-extent = ##f
(You could also use the value #'(0 . 0) if the warnings are off
putting, but I noticed that that doesn't *quite* fix it fully.)

I tried to reproduce your description of the first problem (time
signatures aligning over cue clefs), but even commenting out the
break-align-symbol override didn't make it appear. I was able to
correct the alignment of the first time signature by removing the
line:
\override TimeSignature.after-line-breaking = #shift-right-at-line-begin

After both of the above modifications everything looks OK to me, but
perhaps we need a fuller example.

Kevin