Re: Lilypond 2.20 on Mac 10.15

From: Moritz Heffter
Subject: Re: Lilypond 2.20 on Mac 10.15
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2020 18:53:09 +0100

On 26 Mar 2020, at 19:03, Moritz Heffter <address@hidden> wrote:

Thanks for the information. I’ve reinstalled the 2.19 package and put /opt/lilypond/bin in the PATH. I can execute lilypond from the Terminal still getting the segmentation fault. But now with a different reason:

Termination Signal:    Segmentation fault: 11
Termination Reason:    Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb

The permissions for /opt and /opt/lilypond are ok. /opt/local doesn’t exist anymore, because I removed the port packages. And it seems that all necessary packages come with the lilypond installer. Is that right?

My PATH now looks the following:
/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/Library/TeX/texbin:/Library/Apple/usr/bin:/Users/username/Library/Python/3.7/bin:/opt/lilypond/bin

Try in Terminal
 export PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin

and then
 /opt/lilypond/bin/lilypond

Hmm, I have done that, but unfortunately without progress.

The idea is to cut down as much as possible on the included binaries. The MacPorts installer package should have full paths to all includes.

Ok, I got it. Even if there is nothing in PATH the error stays the same. It’s that „Namespace Signal“ error.

Sorry for the bad news. Is there anything else I could try? BTW, the 32-bit version works in a docker container.

Best,
Moritz