Re: Can't modify multiple shapes on a chord

From: Paolo Prete
Subject: Re: Can't modify multiple shapes on a chord
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2020 15:44:10 +0100

On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 1:21 PM David Nalesnik <address@hidden> wrote:

> although it does the job I still wonder if the "tweak" (?) method suggested by Mark can work too, so to have multiple shape commands together, instead of a shapeColumn.
>
> Best,
> Paolo

Won't work, hence the elaborate code. From the Notation Reference
(http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.20/Documentation/notation/modifying-shapes.en.html#modifying-ties-and-slurs):

"Known issues and warnings
It is not possible to modify shapes of ties or slurs by changing the
control-points property if there are multiple ties or slurs at the
same musical moment – the \tweak command will also not work in this
case. However, the tie-configuration property of TieColumn can be
overridden to set start line and direction as required."

DN

Thank you David, now I have a clear idea about the status of the issue.
Best,
Paolo